As part of our promise to deliver a JD program that meets your high standards, our veteran and military students benefit from many unique advantages:
- Unlimited 100% tuition matching with the Yellow Ribbon program for Veterans that have 100% eligibility
- Faculty with experience in various service Judge Advocate General (JAG) Corps
- Courses and clinics with a focus on veteran and military issues (Veterans Collaborative)
- Special events throughout the year, including luncheons
- A Veterans Mentoring Program to pair students with faculty, alumni, and other students
- Military Law Society — an active student group
To determine if a certification course you wish to take is VA Approved and to see how much you can be reimbursed for a particular test, you can visit the following websites:
Bar Exam Fees
For National Exams please click here:
To apply for reimbursement you must send the VA a copy of your test results, test receipt, and a letter requesting reimbursement to include:
- Your name and social security number;
- The name of the test you took and the date you took it;
- Name and address of the organization issuing the license or certificate (not necessarily the organization that administered the test);
- Cost of the test. NOTE: Registration fees, preparation guides, processing fees, etc., will not be reimbursed;
- The following statement: “I authorize release of my test information to VA”; and
- Your signature must be on the authorization of release.
Florida Coastal is approved to receive Veterans Administration benefits. Florida Coastal also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.Effective Immediately for Post 9/11 GI Bill eligible students - net charges will apply when certifications are completed. This means that any scholarships received from Florida Coastal will be deducted from tuition and fees and the remainder listed as net charges when calculating certifications.
In order to receive your Veterans Administration benefits, Florida Coastal must submit an enrollment certification on your behalf. To have a certification completed by the school:
2. Submit a copy of your application as applicable below. (If you used VONAPP(electronic method) to submit your application, please print a copy to be submitted to us):
Forms can be found via http://www4.va.gov/vaforms/ (search by form number)
a. Completed Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Form #22-5495) if a dependent and used benefits before; OR
b. Completed Application for Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Form #22-5490) if a dependent and never used benefits before; OR
c. Completed Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Form #22-1995) for the veteran who has used benefits before; OR
d. Completed Application for VA Education Benefits (Form #22-1990) for the veteran who has never used benefits before.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Florida Coastal awards an unlimited number of eligible students and an unlimited maximum contribution amount not to exceed tuition and fees. You must have 100% eligibility with the VA to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Please provide a copy of your eligibility letter that you have received from the Veteran's Administration AND the application that you have submitted to apply for VA benefits to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. The details about eligibility and the benefits of the Yellow Ribbon Program can be found on the Veterans Administration website.
VA Certifying Official - Bridgette Waines, Director of Student Services and Registration, firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida Coastal School of Law is committed to providing an inclusive educational environment, responsive to the needs of all its students, including those students with disabilities. In doing so, Florida Coastal is guided by its mission statement, the Americans with Disabilities Act, state and local statutes and ordinances, and all applicable regulations. For resources available to those with disabilities and the procedures by which those resources may best be utilized, see the following links.
Local Community and Family Resources
Department of Veterans Affairs, North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center
VA Education and Training Benefits
Jacksonville Vet Center
City of Jacksonville Military and Veterans Affairs Department
Florida Military-Friendly Guide
My HealtheVet: Online Personal Health Record
Making the Connection: Shared Experiences and Support for Veterans
About Face: PTSD and Veterans