Associate Professor of Law
Dean Scaldo joined Florida Coastal in 2004 and has taught Torts, Remedies, Professional Responsibility, Legal Writing, Lawyering Process, and Interviewing and Counseling [among various other courses]. While at Florida Coastal she has served on various committees leading in areas such as professionalism, faculty appointments, curriculum, teaching, vision, and is very committed to serving students and helping them succeed in law school and beyond. Dean Scaldo earned her B.S. in Journalism from Pennsylvania State University and her J.D. from Nova Southeastern's Shepard Broad Law Center where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. She serves on the Board of Directors at Jacksonville's Women's Help Center, on the Board at San Juan Del Rio Catholic School, and in the Catholic Lawyer's Guild in nearby Saint Augustine. Dean Scaldo was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2001.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2001, Summa Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1997, Journalism
- Professional Responsibility
- Judicial Writing
- Interviewing and Counseling
- Public Speaking for Lawyers
- Legal Editing
- Lawyering Process
- Pretrial Litigation Drafting
- Advanced Legal Writing: Dispute Resolution Topics
- Florida Bar
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, Diocese of St. Augustine, FL
PublicationsLaw Review Articles
- Stacy A. Scaldo, Loose Lips Required? Title IX’s Mandatory Reporting and its Effect on the Attorney-Client Relationship Between Professors and Their Students, (forthcoming Spring 2017).
- Stacy A. Scaldo, In the Name of Dignity: Misguided Justice and Disregarded Harm in Modern Abortion Socio-Legal Theory (forthcoming Spring 2017).
- Stacy A. Scaldo, Seditious Acts of Faith: God, Government, Conscience and Boiling Frogs, ___ REG. U. L. REV. ___(2016).
- Stacy A. Scaldo, Deadly Dicta: Roe’s “Unwanted Motherhood,” Gonzales’s “Women’s Regret” and the Shifting Narrative of Abortion Jurisprudence, 6 DREXEL L. REV. 87 (2014).
- Stacy A. Scaldo, Life, Death and the God Complex: The Effectiveness of Incorporating Religion-Based Arguments into the Pro-Choice Perspective on Abortion, 39 N. KY. L. REV. 421 (2012).
- Stacy A. Scaldo, The Born-Alive Infants Protection Act: Baby Steps Toward the Recognition of Life After Birth, 26 NOVA L. REV. 485 (2002).