The mission of the Office of Student Affairs is to provide student-centered support and services that advance personal, social and professional development to the Coastal Law Community. Below is a list of some of the support services and policies available through the Office of Student Affairs:
- Student Bar Association – a group of elected representatives committed to serving the needs of the student body by way of building and maintaining open lines of communication between and amongst the student body, the school administration, the American Bar Association and the legal community, at large. The Student Bar Association is committed to increasing the value of your degree by working to ensure the reputation of Florida Coastal School of Law continues to improve. SBA offices are located on the 3rd floor inside the Library. Learn more about the Florida Coastal School of Law Student Bar Association at: SBA SharePoint.
- Student Organizations
- Student Ambassadors – distinguished students possessed two main characteristics – excellent interpersonal communication skills and a passion to give back to their community through volunteer service. Our student ambassadors are committed to exhibiting the highest standards of professionalism and social responsibility. Their service includes assisting at official school events, providing guided school tours, and acting as a liaison to the public at large.
- Counseling and Wellness – Mental health counseling is available without charge for any student who desires help with emotional issues which may interfere with optimal functioning while in school. Common concerns may involve relationship or family issues, loss, stress, problems with appetite or sleep, excessive worry, depression, emotional trauma or difficult life transitions.
The Jed Foundation
Half of Us/MTVu
City of Jacksonville Behavioral and Human Services Division
Florida Department of Children and Families
ABA Mental Health Initiative
Florida Lawyers Assistance
Tobacco Free Florida
Mayo Clinic Healthy Lifestyle Guide
Harvard Medical School Sleep Guide
- Health Insurance – The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has impacted higher education and the student health insurance industry. Insurance companies are no longer offering a voluntary/opt-in insurance product for schools to promote to students. We performed exhaustive research on the Affordable Care Act and the student health insurance industry. We have come to the conclusion that a mandated insurance policy was not the best approach for our student body and have decided not to adopt a mandatory insurance plan/waiver policy at this time. The resources linked below should be helpful for students who need to identify their options. Paying special attention to change of circumstance and qualifying life events will provide most students with the opportunity to obtain coverage prior to the next Health Insurance Marketplace open enrollment period. We encourage students to use these resources to enroll in an insurance plan that would bring them into compliance with federal law.
- Fitness Center (on the first floor) – Enjoy the use of our onsite fitness center. Click on this link to read the Fitness Center policies.