Florida Coastal School of Law offers you the opportunity to begin law school in the summer (May 22nd) with a brand new course offering. For the first time ever, our 1L summer starts will take a new course on Disaster Law and Policy. This course was designed and developed by Professor Eric Hull, a national expert on environmental law issues and their impact on society. Professor Hull will be teaching the course on campus this summer.
Florida Coastal School of Law recognizes that natural disasters cause billions of dollars in property damage throughout the world annually, result in widespread displacement of individuals, cause significant harm to ecosystems, and reveal major vulnerabilities in the built environment. The role of law in disasters, particularly the regulation of disaster response and the allocation of responsibility in the aftermath of disasters, is growing rapidly. Clients need confident and competent legal advice to address the myriad of legal challenges related to preparing for, responding to, and recovering from a disaster.
Benefits of our Summer JD Program
- The brand new "Disaster Law and Policy" course taught by Professor Eric Hull.
- Summer start classes are significantly smaller than typical first-year law courses.
- The same quality education and curriculum as those who start in the "traditional" fall term.
- The opportunity to start law school with a lighter load when you'll only be taking two classes at a time.
Choose Coastal Law for your J.D.
- Florida Coastal School of Law was named a best law school for practical training by the National Jurist magazine and listed in top 20 of all law schools with a grade of A+.
- Our Moot Court is ranked in the top ten of the nation.
- Florida Coastal School of Law received an A- by the National Jurist magazine for Most Diverse Law Schools.
How to Apply
The requirements and process for enrollment in the Summer Start program are the same as for the JD program. The deadline to apply for the Summer Start program is May 15.
Scholarships are awarded per year and are disbursed in the summer, fall and spring semesters depending on your start date.
Financial aid is available for summer starters. For more information, please contact the Florida Coastal School of Law Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
About the Professor
Eric Hull, J.D., LL.M. is a Professor of Law at Florida Coastal School of Law. Professor Hull has published widely on environmental, maritime and property law topics, with emphasis on the impact of pollution and development on ocean and coastal systems, human health, and the environment...READ MORE