Je suis en droit.
Translation: I am in law school.
Expand your law school experience by coupling studying with adventure! Experience summer in France with our study abroad program.
Program Dates for Summer 2017:
Session 1: May 23 - June 13
Session 2: June 13 - July 3
Who is eligible to apply? All current Coastal students and students from all other ABA accredited law schools must have completed at least 30 credits prior to program start date.
For more information, please contact Professor Hartland, telephone (904) 680-7684; facsimile (904) 680-7679; firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view a short video about the program
- Program affiliated with University of Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Four professors (2 from University of Auvergne and 2 from Florida Coastal) will teach the courses offered. Courses will have a comparative or international focus.
French Business Law - Professor Jean-Francois Riffard - 1 credit
Negotiation Across International Borders - Professor Karen Millard - 3 credits
Human Rights Protection in a Regional and Global Context - Professor Marie-Elisabeth Baudoin - 1 credit
Comparative Crimes of Expression - Professor Christopher Roederer - 3 credits
- Tuition: $983 per credit hour (does not include housing costs)
- Minimum of 4 credits
- Maximum of 8 credits
- For two sessions, minimum of 7 credits
- Registration Fee: $300 (due upon submission of application; will be applied to tuition)
- Deadline for Tuition Payment: May 23, 2017
- Housing available within 10-20 minute walk or short bus or tram ride to the law school.*
- Cost is expected to be approximately $500 - 650 per session U.S.
- Students are free to find their own housing in Clermont-Ferrand.
Click here for StudCity
*Availability of housing is not guaranteed and is not provided by Florida Coastal School of Law.
- Students must have completed at least 30 credit hours (1Ls who are completing their 2nd semester are encouraged to apply)
- Minimum GPA of 2.20 - 1st year GPA based upon 1st semester
* Students who register for the France Study Abroad Program and then elect not to attend the Program must complete a drop form and submit it to the Registrar's Office no later than April 15, 2017. Students who have not completed a drop form by this date will be financially liable for Program tuition.
* Download the Application and the other attached documents below for more information on the France program.