“NCAA Coaches’ Contracts: Diversity and Negotiating Value in the 21st Century”
Sponsored by the Coastal Law Center for Law and Sports and the Coastal Law Sports Law Society
FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2009
10:30 am - 2:30 pm
FEATURING TWO PANEL DISCUSSIONS:
10:30 a.m. Noon: Maximizing Value for the Coach
Panelists will discuss the various issues that arise in negotiating and structuring college coaches contracts from the perspective of both the university and coach, including compensation and the various types of compensation, for cause termination, tax ramifications, and liquidated damages/buyout clauses.
- Moderator, Rick Karcher - Associate Professor of Law and Director, Florida Coastal School of Law Center for Law and Sports
- Robert H. Lattinville - Partner, Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Terry Don Phillips - Athletic Director, Clemson University
- Randall W. Spetman - Athletic Director, Florida State University
- Bennett H. Speyer - Member, Eastman & Smith LTD
Noon - 1:00 Lunch provided
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.: Ethnic and Gender Issues in NCAA Hiring
- Moderator, Roger Groves - Associate Professor of Law, Florida Coastal School of Law
- N. Jeremi Duru - Associate Professor of Law, Temple University, Beasley School of Law
- Kristen Galles - Civil rights attorney and Title IX expert
- Floyd A. Keith - Executive Director, Black Coaches and Administrators
For speaker bios click here
The event is free and open to the public.
To register, please call (904) 680-7743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLE credits approved.