Rooms Available Outside the Library for Studying During Finals
All Room Reservation Policies are available at http://www.fcsl.edu/room-reserve.
Study Hall Studying: There are two communal study room – Room 425 and 550. No writing will be permitted on the white board in that room. Quiet studying will be enforced for all students entering this room; therefore, please don’t enter this room if you are not willing to abide by the rules for this room.
- Silence all cell phones
- Take all conversations outside the classroom.
- It is okay to bring food and drinks into this Study Hall classroom, but remember to not distract your fellow studiers with noisy packages or loud chewing.
- Please clean up after yourselves.
The only times this classroom will not be available during these hours is if it is being used for exam administration or a course review session.
Study Group Rooms: The following classrooms will be available for reservation by study groups: 250, 270, 365, 405, 415, 420, 455, 465, 460, 500, 505, 510, 515, 520, 525, 550, 555, 560, 565, 570, and 575.
- To reserve one of these rooms, please use the room reservation system, Resource Scheduler.
- You can access Resource Scheduler from the Florida Coastal homepage; under “Tools” click on Room Reservation at the top of the page. Student Room Reservations can be made no sooner than 48 hours in advance of the reservation. Due to a glitch in the room reservation program, students may be able to make a reservation in excess of 48 hours in advance. All reservations will be monitored, and those that exceed the 48 hour limit will be cancelled without notice.
- Additionally, students who make “Consecutive Reservations” on the Room Reservation System should not leave a space in between each reservation exceeding 30 minutes. If a space exceeding 30 minutes is placed between the consecutive reservations, the subsequent reservation will be cancelled; no notification regarding such a cancellation will be sent.
- Please be mindful of the building hours when making your reservations. Reservations made outside of the building hours will not be honored. Resource Scheduler does not depict the extended building hours; however, reservations made up to midnight will be honored until the close of the building.
- If you would like to use a Study Group Room and you have not submitted your reservation in Resource Scheduler, you may still use one of the rooms if: (1) a room has been vacant for at least 20 minutes, or (2) there is no reservation listed in Resource Scheduler. In these instances, you may add your reservation to Resource Scheduler, or you may use the room until the next group holding a reservation comes to claim the room.
- DO NOT SUBMIT THE SPECIAL REQUEST FORM FOR GROUP STUDY ROOM RESERVATIONS. Special request form submissions for study reservations will not be accepted or acknowledged. All reservations must be submitted in Resource Scheduler.
- In each Study Group Room in which there is AV equipment, there will be a VGA cable available at the podium for the study group’s use. This cable will allow students to project outlines onto the screen. Access to the classroom computer, DVD, and VHS will not be available in these rooms.
Please note that the courtrooms (rooms 400 and 450) will not be available for study hall studying or reservations by students.
Applicable to All Study Areas in Law School Building: Inevitably, tensions will be high during the final exam period. Please be considerate and respectful of each other and of the FCSL employees. In order to be fair to all students, anyone who consistently violates these policies will be subject to sanctions under the Student Conduct Code. Finally, please be aware that alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the building.
FCSL Security personnel will be taking a head count of the people using the building between the hours of 10:30 pm and 2 am At 1:30 am, a member of Security will announce through the intercom that the building will close in half an hour. Please use this announcement to begin to wind down your study session. The building will close promptly at 2 am.