For eligibility requirements for participation in the annual Commencement Ceremony please see the official Policies and Procedures.
To be eligible for a Juris Doctor Degree, a student must have:
- Attained a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.000 in at least ninety (90) credit hours of course work.
- Successfully completed all required courses.
- Satisfied the advanced legal writing requirement and a minimum of eight (8) credit hours of skills/clinic requirement. Please inquire with the Registrar's Office for confirmation of completion of these requirements.
- Conducted himself or herself as a fit candidate for admission to the bar.
- Satisfied all outstanding account balances owed to the school.
- Completed a minimum of forty-five (45) credit hours in residence at Florida Coastal School of Law.
- Completed the Professionalism Education Requirement
**Students entering between Fall 2008 and Spring 2012 are required to complete six (6) hours of Continuing Professionalism Education (CPE) programs.
**Students transferring into Florida Coastal from another law school must earn one (1) hour of CPE credit for each fall and spring semester spent at Florida Coastal.
**Students entering in Fall 2012 and after will be required to attend 4 mandatory sessions on professionalism:
1. Classroom etiquette
2. Courtroom etiquette
3. Professional dress, multiculturalism, and substance abuse
4. Professional communications, including online presence
In addition to mandatory attendance at all 4 workshops (beginning with the entering class in fall 2012), students will need 3 CPEs to graduate.
In recognition of superior scholarship, a Juris Doctor degree may be granted with special honors as follows:
- Cum Laude: 3.25
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.50
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.75