About the Program
Coastal Law’s new online LL.M. Program meets many of the needs of students that are often neglected by residential LL.M. programs. Traditional programs can be expensive and take lawyers away from their families and jobs for a year. Existing programs are not specifically aimed at students who already hold a foreign law degree. These programs place foreign lawyers in a curriculum geared toward U.S. students who are taking their first law degree in a three-year program. By comparison, Coastal Law has created courses specifically for foreign lawyers, providing what they need: a comprehensive overview of U.S. Law. Renowned U.S. Law professors from Coastal law and other accredited law schools provide a fundamental overview of U.S. Law, using cutting-edge technology that allows students to watch live and archived lectures, take quizzes, submit writing assignments, and interact with their teachers. Students can obtain a high quality U.S. legal education without the expense and disruption of leaving their job and family.
Opportunities Made Possible through the Online LL.M. Program:
- Improve your legal skills without leaving your professional and personal communities
- With the credential of an LL.M. degree, improve your career opportunities with law firms and corporations handling international business
- Handle legal work outsourced from the U.S.
- Enhance your ability to meet the academic qualification required to take a U.S. Bar exam*
- Earn your degree in about 56 weeks or on a schedule that works best for you
*Every state has different requirements for its bar exam. Students interested in taking a U.S. bar exam should consult the state’s rules.