To ensure our graduates are professionally prepared for practice, we offer a large contingent of courses that focus on professional skills and allow practice through simulation.
In addition students may work under the supervision of fulltime faculty members in our legal clinics. There, students work with real clients and gain the kind of insight and understanding that can’t be found in classrooms or textbooks.
Five clinics are currently offered.
- Family and Child Advocacy Clinic
- Juvenile Law Clinic
- Consumer Law Clinic
- Immigration Law Clinic
- Caribbean Law Clinic
In addition to our clinics, students may apply for various for-credit externships and judicial internships. Some placement opportunities include:
- Florida Supreme Court
- Florida District Courts of Appeal
- U.S. Attorney
- State Attorney
- Public Defender
- City of Jacksonville General Counsel
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Attorney General
- Social Security Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Numerous state courts in Florida and Georgia