Associate Professor of Law
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, May 2003, cum laude; Dean's Fellowship Recipient (full tuition scholarship); Notes Editor - Journal of College and University Law
- Former tenure-track Director of Legal Research and Writing at Western State University College of Law in Fullerton, California
- Former Law Clerk for Judge Charles R. Wilson, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Tampa, Florida, September 2003 - September 2004.
- Sixth Amendment right of confrontation
- The use of emerging technologies in criminal investigation, enforcement, and adjudication.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD May 2003, cum laude; Dean's Fellowship Recipient (full tuition scholarship); Notes Editor - Journal of College and University Law
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana, BA May 2000, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
TEACHING and SCHOLARSHIP
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Comparative Law
Former faculty advisor to WSU Law Review, WSU Moot Court Team, and WSU Christian Legal Society. Member, Indiana Bar. Member, Legal Writing Institute.
LAW REVIEW ARTICLES
- The Fourth Amendment and New Technologies: The Misapplication of Analogical Reasoning, 36 S. Ill. U. L. J. 475 (2012).
- Evading Controntation: From One Amorphous Standard to Another, 35 Seattle L. Rev. 473 (2012).
- Dicta Redefined, 47 Williamette L. Rev. 161 (2011).
- The Disguised Witness and Crawford's Uneasy Tension with Craig: Bringing Uniformity to the Supreme Court's Confrontation Jurisprudence, 58 Drake L. Rev. 481 (2010).
- Down But Not Out: Why Giles Leaves Forfeiture by Wrongdoing Still Standing, 59 Case W. Res. L. Rev. 393 (2009).
- What the High Court Giveth the Lower Courts Taketh Away: How to Prevent Undue Scrutiny of Police Officer Motivations Without Eroding Randolph's Heightened Fourth Amendment Protections, 56 Cleveland State Law Review 663 (2008).
- Two-Way Video Trial Testimony and the Confrontation Clause: Fashioning a Better Craig Test in Light of Crawford, 34 Florida State University Law Review 835 (2007).
- Judicial Review of Administrative Agency Action in Germany and the United States, Annual of German and European Law, Volume II/III (Berghahn Books 2006).
- Human Dignity and Individual Liberty in Germany and the United States as Examined Through Each Country's Leading Abortion Cases, 11 Tulsa Journal of Comparative and International Law 491 (2004).
OTHER SCHOLARLY ARTICLES
- Pleading the Sixth? Sacrificing Forfeiture for Confrontation, Coastal Law Magazine (Winter 2009).