We Train Solution Brokers!
Our goal, in FCSLâ€™s Logistics and Transportation, is to train Solution Brokers.
What is a Solution Broker?
A â€œSolution Brokerâ€ is a transportation and logistics professional who is well rounded in logistics and ocean/rail/truck and air carriage who can communicate with carriers, regulators, labor, and lawyers to resolve disputes before they become litigation.
Why do we Need Solutions Brokers?
The goal of transportation and logistics is to keep cargo moving! Every dispute, every delay, and every time cargo is damaged causes losses to your customers. A solutions broker anticipates problems, works them out ahead of time, and keeps the cargo moving.
Solution Brokers Keep Trade Moving
No one wins in litigation. Itâ€™s costly, its time consuming, and it takes your company away from what it does the best. Whether it is a dispute with a supplier, carrier, vendor, labor or the government, if you can prevent disputes and prevent litigation you can keep world trade moving.
Who Hires Solution Brokers?
- Importers and Exporters, whether in retail, consumer goods, vehicles, chemicals, petroleum, LNG, food products, or project cargoes.
- Carriers by ocean, rail, truck, or air, including both cargo and passenger carriers, as well as NVOCCs, freight forwarders, and providers of military logistics.
- Ocean and Inland Insurers, Property and Casualty Insurers, brokers, protection and indemnity associations, and third party administrators.
- Warehouses, Free Trade Zones, Terminal Managers, Auto Processors, Consolidators.
- Government agencies like the DOD, Army Corps of Engineers, OSHA, Transportation Security Administration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement as well as state and local government agencies such as Port Authorities.
- Law firms who do work in admiralty, maritime, marine insurance, labor law, immigration and naturalization, and trade regulation.