The Ontario Bar is Calling
Earn your law degree in sunny Florida
Florida Coastal School of Law offers a unique program designed to expand law school options for Canadian students as well as ease their transition back to Ontario, Canada to practice law.
Our program includes:
- Our award-winning JD curriculum that that combines intellectual rigor, hands-on practical training and the development of critical thinking skills to help you to move successfully from the classroom into your career.
- A Canadian Law course that surveys Foundations of Canadian Law, Canadian Administrative Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law as well as Canadian Professional Responsibility Law and is taught by an articled Canadian lawyer.
- Many avenues to practice what you learn through class projects, simulations and Canadian externship opportunities.
- The ability to complete your 3L year in Ontario to help you build your professional network and ready yourself for practice.
- Compassionate faculty who work side-by-side with you to help you build knowledge and confidence.
- Competitive tuition.
- A comprehensive and customized bar pass program from orientation through the bar exam.
Our Canadian Connections:
- Florida Coastal has strong connections with Canada, including active Canadian alumni. We have a range of activities planned for Canadian alumni, which will be of a real benefit for our new graduates in terms of networking.
- Jacksonville even has its own local hockey team – the Jacksonville Icemen.
- Starting summer 2017, there will be direct flights from Jacksonville to Toronto.
- Although we do not have majestic Lake Louise – we do have fantastic beaches.
- No Tim Hortons – but we do have the Maple Street Biscuit Factory.
- Skiing and snowboarding is only two-hour drive (Orlando).
Florida Coastal School of Law is known for:
- Transforming its Students
- Experiential Learning
- Pro Bono Commitment
- Faculty Support
- Prestigious Honors Societies
- Commitment to Diversity